Video is currently the fastest growing advertising medium especially online and is no more the exclusive domain of Fortune 500 companies. Increasingly, companies of all sizes are realizing that video is an efficient marketing tool when produced properly and are buying way their company can reap the benefits of this trend. What holds many companies back is worries of spending their marketing budget on the video production company that will not deliver the expected creative result and Profits on return.
How come this frequently the case? Among the reasons is that lots of companies follow the same process of finding a creative company that they actually when purchasing a tangible product. They get 3 different quotes from local video production companies and choose the most appealing offer which is generally the cheapest one. The problem with this approach is that it’s often extremely difficult to seriously compare apples-to-apples in the creative services industry.
Here are 5 guidelines to making the best decision when finding a event videography services company.
1) Do they have specific experience in the kind of video (corporate video, sales video, training video, etc.) in their portfolio that you will be wanting them to produce? While this might sound basic it is easy to get caught up with a demo reel filled up with special effects and forget that by the end of your day your video must accomplish its intended purpose.
2) Did they take time to ask you questions about your market and your business goals before discussing the specifics of assembling your project? You intend to hire a video production company that is marketing oriented and understands how to market your product or communicate your message.
3) Do they value the success of assembling your project? Choose a production company that has integrity and builds long-term partnerships using their clients. These businesses enjoy ongoing relationships with their clients. Require references and call them.
4) Did they offer a professional proposal that clearly explains in sufficient detail what you are spending money on? Are they shooting in HD or SD? Is it a 2 camera shoot or 3 camera shoot? Just how many days of shooting are participating? Are they including a complete buyout for all the actors and voiceover talent involved to avoiding additional costs later on? These are all questions you should ask and that means you can know how each company attained the quoted price. This means that the video production company isn’t cutting corners so they can come in at the lowest price when its not in your best interest.
5) Did you obtain prompt and professional customer support? After you called the video production company what were your first impressions? Did they pay attention to the needs you have and provide helpful recommendations? If they are difficult to talk to through the beginning stages imagine how hard it’ll be when they are under pressure to meet a deadline.
Following these guidelines when evaluating video production companies will improve your likelihood of success and finally enable you to recognize the company suitable to your requirements.